Our Family

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

That's a big ant

We had quite an interesting breakfast conversation Monday morning.

I had just sat down to eat my breakfast, and I noticed that Lincoln hadn't touched his food.  This is very unusual.  Then, I noticed that he was focused on something on the floor.  Before I could see what it was, I heard him say, "Wow, that's a big ant.  Look Mommy."

I leaned over to look at what he was pointing at, and indeed, it was a big ant - because it was a spider!

I calmly told Lincoln that it was a spider, and both of the boys instantly said "Daddy - get it!"

Daddy was eating his breakfast too, and much to our dismay, wanted to finish eating before taking care of the spider.

While we waited, neither of the boys ate, as they were not letting the "big ant" out of their site.  I was a bit concerned that I was going to have to have the circle of life talk with the boys, as the spider was actually in a small web, and he had caught another bug in it.  Not what I was hoping to see at breakfast. Thankfully, Daddy finished breakfast before we had to watch the spider eat his.

The boys continued calling the spider an ant, and I corrected them again, so then we broke into a verse of the Itsy Bitsy Spider.  All in a days work.  After the song was over, Daddy captured the spider, and told the boys he was taking it to the garage to set it  free.     

Tuesday morning, the boys asked where the spider was.

Mommy - oh, it's in the garage
Boys - You sure Mommy?
Mommy - oh, I'm sure it's still in the paper towel daddy captured it in, and it's in the garbage in the garage.

No comments:

Post a Comment