Our Family

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Gator rides

This past weekend, we headed north to spend a quiet weekend with my parents.  We didn't have any plans for the weekend - just visiting, getting a Father's day gift for my dad, and I wanted to see my Gram.

As the weekend drew closer last week, we shared with the boys that we'd be making the trip to Mawmaw and Pawpaw's house.  They were excited, and asked if they would get to take a gator ride (on my Dad's John Deere Gator).  We told them yes, and upon hearing that, Jackson said "I take a gator ride with Pawpaw, brother, and Daddy".  I thought it was cute, and told him that Mommy wanted to take a gator ride with all of them too.  What he told me next astounded me..."No Mommy, no gator ride, you stay and make dinner!" 

You see, often times when we get home from daycare, the boys want to go for a wagon ride or a walk.  Often times, I tell them they have to talk to Daddy because Mommy needs to go in and make dinner.  So, I guess I shot myself in the foot!

On Saturday morning, my dad got the gator out, and Brian and Lincoln could hardly wait to go for a ride.  Jackson however didn't want to go - he wanted to stay with me.  I was getting ready so we could go visit my Grandma.  So, we hung out at the house while the rest of the boys went for a ride.  On Sunday morning though, my dad took all 4 of us for a ride, and it was great spending time with the 4 most important men in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment