Our Family

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Silly mommy...

As the boys continue to talk and understand more and more every day, Mommy and Daddy get sillier and sillier!

For me, I just want to enjoy each and every minute with my boys.  So, as they grow up, I find myself acting their age instead of my own.  Because, let's be honest...when you have kids, you can get away with doing almost ANYTHING in public!

I'm sure I've shared stories in the past about embarrassing Brian by running through parking lots or grocery aisles pushing the boys in a cart.  Or, I also remember a time when the boys were still in their car seats, and I played peek-a-boo with one of them in Costco (stopping in the middle of the main aisle, ducking down below where they could see me, then popping up saying "Peek-A-Boo").  We drew a lot of attention, a few points, but most people smiled and loved seeing me have fun with my babies.  Brian was mortified - look at all the people looking at us!  But see...I made a memory that I won't ever forget!

Over the past few weeks, I've gotten in the habit of pointing out to the boys when they or Daddy are being silly.  For example, I asked the boys one night what they wanted for dinner the next night.  They replied "Dessert"!  I explained that we needed something other than dessert - Silly boys!  Well, now the phrase is being turned around on me!

Last night, we went to Costco on our way home.  Jackson was insistent on being with Mommy, so I held his hand as we walked through the parking lot.  I wanted to make him laugh and giggle, so I started shaking my arm, which made his arm and most of his body shake as well.  Then, I would stop, wait a few seconds, and start again.  Every time I did it, he laughed.  Next, I heard him say "Silly Mommy!" which caught Brian and Lincoln's attention, so they all chimed in about how silly mommy was being! 

I'm ok with being a silly mommy....I can shoulder that burden!

No comments:

Post a Comment