Our Family

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Go Reds!

Today is opening day in Cincinnati. 

Our day started out like every other work day...showers and getting around for work before getting the boys up.  Brian was ready first, so off he went to wake them.  A smile automatically came to my face when I heard Brian singing "Take me out to the ballgame"!  What other wake up song is there on OPENING DAY???  Of course, it is "Root, Root, Root for the Redlegs..." in our house!  It is so special to see Brian share and try to instill his love for baseball (and the Reds) in our boys!  And believe me...it wouldn't have mattered if they were girls!

Next of course, we had to pick out appropriate opening day attire!

I recently went shopping for spring clothes for the boys, and knowing Brian's love of baseball, I made sure we had some baseball themed shirts.  So, although they weren't official "Red's" shirts, they had baseballs and were at least partially red in color! 

With everyone dessed and fed, we headed off to daycare.  Trying to get in on all this male bonding, I worked with the boys a bit, and before we finished our 10 minute drive, they both said "Goooo Reds!"

Yep.  Two happy boys, and one very proud Daddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment