Our Family

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

The fire alarm...

We have a very sensitive fire alarm.  It can be annoying sometimes, but gives us piece of mind that if there was ever anything wrong, we'd definitely know about it early!

Last night, I made homemade pizza for dinner.  I was baking the crust on a higher temperature than I usually use in the oven, and there was something on the bottom of the oven that had spilled over from something else I had made.  Well, the fire alarm went off.  It scared the boys a bit, especially Jackson.  We reassured him that everything was ok, opened the window, and it quickly turned off.

Brian had an appointment to give blood, so he left.  Soon, the alarm started going off again.  I opened the patio door, flagged the air around the detector, and again reassured Jackson that everything was fine.  I told him it was ok to be scared, and that when the alarm goes off, he should listen to mommy, daddy, or whoever is around.

It wasn't long till dinner was done, and I was sitting at the table eating with the boys.  They were chatting about random things like usual.  Then, I heard Jackson start in with "Toot.....Toot......Toot.....".  I wasn't sure what he was saying, but then Lincoln chimed in with his fire truck noise!  They were imitating the fire alarm!  (Our alarm signals 3 times, then says "Fire!  Fire!" - so Jackson was the 3 signals, then Lincoln decided to bring in the fire truck)

Those boys....you can't get anything past them.  Only wish Brian would have been there to see it, or that I would have thought to grab the video camera!

No comments:

Post a Comment