Our Family

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Collision....

I've been trying to be a good sister and post a story or two everyday for my brother Rodney in Arizona.  He ALWAYS sends me a message when he's checked the blog and found new stories.  He tells me that he checks every day, and that he loves the blog as it helps him feel like he is here and a part of our everyday lives.

So...this is for you Rodney!

The joke in our family is how soon till my boys and Lyn's boys get the "Muehlfeld eyebrow scar".  You see, somewhere between 2 and 3 years old, Rod had to go to the ER for stiches above his eybrow.  11 years later, Aaron collected almost an identical matching scar!  Most scoffed and thought it was just a coincidence.

Then, Rachelle finally had her son, and guess what?  Yes, somewhere between his 2nd and 3rd birthday Brady made a trip to the ER for the Muehlfeld eyebrow scar.  (Brady has been there for a few other visits as well...he was an adventurous boy!)

Well, for a moment last night, I thought it was our turn.

Brian and Lincoln went down the hall into the boys room to do something while Jackson was in our bedroom with me.  Suddenly, Jackson wanted to go see Daddy, so off he went tearing down the hallway.  Lincoln got all excited as he could hear Jackson coming, and decided to run out to greet him. 

They collided at the bend in the hallway.

I will tell you, it was a sound I won't ever forget - kind of like the night the deer ran into the side of my truck.

Both the boys were crying, and as I ran down the hallway I saw the blood.  Luckily (I guess) it was just a bloody nose for Jackson.  It took a while to get him calmed down and to stop the bleeding, and this morning, it looked a little swollen and sore.  Poor little man - his nose has taken a beating in the 2+ years of his life!

Thankfully, no ER visit was needed, but I'm just waiting to make that trip the ER to "brand" the boys as Muehlfeld decendents.  After all, my mom tells me all the time how much the boys are like my brothers!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update! I was really glad that it wasn't a "car" collision! They still have 9 months to get their scar. ~Rodney

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rodney - I expect the car collision will be once we get the hotwheels outside - unless they just insist on fighting over the same one!

    ReplyDelete