Our Family

Friday, September 28, 2012

Where's my Sun?

We noticed a bit of a possessive side to Lincoln a few months ago.  He was still in Toddlers, and referred to his teacher as "My Miss Kayla".

It quickly turned into My Mommy and My Daddy.

This was new for us, as with twins, everything is "ours", and he never applied it to toys, so it's just been a cute phase. 

However, in the past few weeks, he's taken possession of the sun. 

With the long days of summer, it was always light out when the boys were awake.  When the sun wasn't shining, it was usually raining.  Now, the days are getting shorter, and the gray skies are settling in.  I don't think Lincoln is a fan of the fall, as he keeps asking, "Where's my sun?"

He asks multiple times a day:

  • He asks each morning, and we explain that the sun is still sleeping.
  • He asks when we pick him up from daycare, and we explain that it is hiding behind the clouds.
  • He asks again as we are putting him to bed, and we tell him the sun went to bed, just like he is.
I hope that someday he will appreciate the beauty of the changing leaves, the warmth of sweaters and coats, the fever of college football, and learn to love fall like his Mommy.  But in the meantime, please keep us in your prayers, cause it could be a long winter of searching for Lincoln's sun.


No comments:

Post a Comment