Our Family

Friday, September 28, 2012

Saturday stuff

A few weeks ago on Saturday morning, I took the boys to the doctor's office to get their flu shots. 

This year, they are old enough to do the Flu Mist instead of the shots.  They put the vaccine in their nose!  Brian was in the middle of fertilizing the lawn, so I decided I would take the boys to the doctor by myself. 
The boys are so good when it's just me taking them places.  They both walked into the doctor's office, and checked out the fish tank while I signed them in.  They happily followed the nurse back into the exam room, and went straight for the books. 

Jackson was pretty focused on the books, so we did Lincoln's vaccine first.  We practiced "smelling flowers" a few times, then we did the vaccine.  He did really great!  So much better than holding them for the shot, then holding them until they stop crying!

As usual, Jackson was a little bit apprehensive of the whole thing, so I held him on my lap.  After the first spray though, he caught on and he did great taking his vaccine too. 

Now, we just need to get Daddy his flu shot, then we'll all be set for winter!

Since the boys were so good for their "flu shots", they wanted to go shopping, so off we went to Costco.  I got most of my shopping done, and the boys got lots of tasty treats, so we were all happy!

After shopping, we came home, had some lunch, and put the boys down for a nap.  When they woke up, we went shopping again - this time for new shoes for the boys.  Wow - I knew they were growing, but shoe shopping definitely confirmed it!  The boys went from a size 8 to a size 10 and 10 1/2!  Their shoes look like real people shoes now!

After shoe shopping, we grabbed some dinner and brought it home to eat.  A quick bath, and we watched some Happy Feet 2, then put the boys to bed.

All in all, a great and productive Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment