Our Family

Monday, May 7, 2012

Sweet dreams

It really is true that the parents learn as much from their children as they teach them.
I have learned a lot about myself in the past few months, mostly in hearing what I say be said back to me.

Sweet dreams.

I didn't even realize I was saying it...that's the funny part.

For the past few weeks, the boys have insisted that Mommy rock them to sleep. So, we rock for a few moments, then into their cribs they go - while they are still awake.  I give the first one of them a kiss, lay them down on their pillow, cover them with their little blankets, rub their back, tell them I love them, and that I'll see them in the morning.  Then, I repeat the same process with the second one.

And evidently, somewhere in there, I tell them "Sweet Dreams", because it is now part of Jackson's nighttime (and naptime) routine.  First, he snuggles down in the corner of his crib.  Then I hear "I love you Mommy.  Sweet Dreams Mommy".

Sweet dreams indeed.  My boys are the best dreams come true ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment