Our Family

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

He hears me...but doesn't listen...

Another story from Monday night with the boys alone...

Things went fairly well being on my own with the boys Monday night.  We had a few "patience challenges", but nothing major.

They were calling for storms around 7:00, so we quickly made tacos for dinner when we got home.  Boy did the boys love their tacos!  Lincoln even had seconds.  As soon as they finished dinner, I whisked them upstairs to finish baths before the storms hit.

We took our usual routine - we all go upstairs, pick out pajamas in their room, and then head into the bathroom to get out the towels, washcloths, etc.  The boys were chatting and playing, so I picked out their pajamas by myself (hoping to avoid the fight over who gets to wear which pajamas).  When I walked into the bedroom where the boys were playing, I heard Jackson say "Put the pajamas on the bed please!"

I cracked up laughing.  Each night when they pick out their pajamas, this is exactly what I say in an attempt to keep them focused on the task.  He doesn't always listen, and most nights I have to say this more than once.  Guess this just shows he knows our routine, and he does hear me - he just doesn't always do what he's told!

No comments:

Post a Comment