Our Family

Thursday, January 26, 2012

A Special bond...

I have always had a special bond with my brothers and sisters.  We love spending time with each other, and my sister is my best friend, and also the one I go to for advice for the boys.  We are family - chosen by God to spend our lives together.

Although I have that bond with my own siblings, I still see an even deeper, special bond between my boys.  I've always heard that twins are even closer than siblings, and I firmly believe it now that I'm seeing it with my own eyes.  It is hard to explain and put into words, but it's there.  Maybe part of it is because my boys are RARELY apart, but I really believe it is a bond that started well over 2 years ago.

This morning for example, Jackson got up at 5:20 with Brian and me.  He was a very happy little guy, entertaining himself while we got ready for work.  But something was missing for him.  He kept looking at me and saying "Lincoln up Mommy?"  He wanted to go and wake his brother up to play with him!

As cute as that is, it's only part of the story.

Just before Brian was planning on getting Lincoln up, he woke up on his own.  We heard him on the monitor..."Mommy?.....Jackson?....Jackson?  Jackson?"  He had looked over into his brother's bed, and realized that his brother wasn't in there, so he was calling for him.  He missed Jackson as much as Jackson had been missing him!

The cherry on top was then watching Jackson get so excited to hear Lincoln's voice, and running down the hallway with Daddy to get Lincoln out of his bed. 

I pray that their special bond and friendship continues and lasts a lifetime.

No comments:

Post a Comment