Our Family

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Bringing "Silly Time" back...

I spent most of the weekend cleaning the house, and preparing things for the boys upcoming birthday party.  The weather was crappy, so the only time we left the house all weekend was to go to church.  By Sunday night, I think the combination of exhaustion and being a bit stir crazy got to me.  However, the result was amazing!

After dinner, Brian was cleaning things up, and I was feeling a little guilty about neglecting my boys for part of the afternoon trying to get things done.  So, I crawled on the floor to play with them.  I don't even know how it started until it happened, but "Silly Time!" resurfaced.

(Side note - Silly time originated back when the boys were first crawling and getting mobile.  It was always after dinner, before bath time.  It was a release time to have fun, expend some energy, and just have some very special family bonding.  I don't know how it ever disappeared!)

Somehow, Jackson ended up sitting on my lap in the middle of the kitchen floor, and Lincoln was running around us in circles.  I must have said "Boo!" or something and that's how it started.  Lincoln would sneak behind my back, and when he would come into view, I would say Boo! or something else...and BOTH boys would just laugh and laugh.  I'm talking big ole belly laughs!  Before I knew it, both of the boys were running around me, and laughing so hard that they could barely stay on their feet - literally.  Lincoln took a few nose dives into the cupboards, stove, and refrigerator - but laughed the entire time.  I bet we did this for 20 minutes or so - just laughing all the cares of the day away.  It was Silly Time!

Unfortunately, it had to end, but I'm definitely working on carving out some time in our nightly schedules for Silly Time!

No comments:

Post a Comment