Our Family

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Better buy stock now...

For a long time, I've said my boys are good eaters.  They eat most anything (when they want to) and they've always eaten a decent amount of food unless they weren't feeling well.  Everyone has told me that I'll be in trouble then when they get to be teenagers, as I won't be able to afford to feed them!

Note the stress I put on teenagers...I thought I had a few more years yet!

I have to believe that the boys are entering or getting ready to enter a growth spurt.  At least, I hope that's what's happening.  Their appetites have increased over the past week or so.  We used to split a 6 oz. yogurt between the boys, and now they each eat their own 6 oz. yogurt - along with toast or fruit - AND ask for more.

This morning, Brian made the boys Toaster Studels for breakfast, but Jackson went to the fridge, opened it, and asked for a yogurt.  When I got one out for him (and for Lincoln too - can't give it to one without the other), Brian made a comment about how they probably wouldn't eat their Toaster Strudels if they had yogurt.  I laughed at him.  Yes indeed, they both polished off their yogurt, Toaster Strudel, and 8 ounces of milk for breakfast.  Yesterday, it was the whole yogurt, a piece of toast, and some of our cereal.  I'm confident they were the first in line for snack at daycare at 9:00!

I think there are a few companies I need to buy stock in soon....
  • Yoplait - the makers of the best fruit flavored yogurt.  4 yogurts a day for our family means 2 Costco cases of 18 each week - that's around $12 a week!
  • Sweet potatoes (maybe instead of stock, I'll convince Mawmaw and Pawpaw to put more out in their garden and we'll can them next year)
  • Town House (the boys LOVE their crackers)
  • Jell-O (thank heavens for sugar free pudding)
  • Freshlike (we do love our steamed mixed vegetables)
I probably should consider some sort of clothing line too, as the way these boys eat, they will be growing out of clothes quickly!

I'm also starting to think dad may have been right...we should have gotten a half a beef instead of a quarter!  The meat supply in the freezer is already looking pretty thin!

No comments:

Post a Comment