Our Family

Monday, December 19, 2011

Shoes! Shoes!

When Lyn was visiting us at Thanksgiving, her feet were hurting her a bit, so she asked if I had some house slippers.  Of course, I did, so I let her borrow them.

On Thanksgiving after, Lyn and her family traveled to Louisville.  After she left, Lincoln found my house slippers, and brought them to me saying "Lyn.  Lyn."  My sweet boy thought she had left them behind, so I explained to him that they were mommy's, and that Aunt Lyn had just borrowed them while she was here.

I don't know if he understood or not, but since Thanksgiving, he has been obsessed with my house slippers.  If he finds them, he brings them to me saying "Shoes!  Shoes!" and pointing at my sock covered feet.  He insists that I put them on. 

I have used my slippers more in the past few weeks than in the few years that I've had them.  I have them on everyday, and I think of my sweet baby every time I put them on now!

No comments:

Post a Comment