Our Family

Friday, December 9, 2011

Church - part 2

On Saturday after Thanksgiving, we went to church with my parents.  In an effort to have the boys behave, I went in the pew first with Jackson, then my parents, then Brian with Lincoln.  The strategy was to keep them separated, maybe they would behave better.

Things actually were going pretty good for the first part of church.  Both of the boys played with books and were behaving well.  After offertory, I was kneeling and holding Jackson.  He looked down the pew to the end where Brian was and spotted his brother.  He kept pointing and saying "Winkin" (Jackson-ese for Lincoln).  He did this over and over and over. 

He suddenly had a desire to be with his brother.  He tried knocking Mawmaw off the kneeler several times before I put him up on the pew seat.  He then crawled past Mawmaw and Pawpaw, and tapped his dad on the shoulder.  When Brian turned around, Jackson very enthusiastically said "Hi!" to Lincoln.  (very loudly too).  He proceeded to tell Brian and my dad "Hi!" as well.

Brian managed with both of the boys for a few minutes, and then sent Lincoln down to me.  We made the swap!

The rest of church went fairly well, but I'm thankful that we had very understanding churchgoers around us, and hope they enjoyed the entertainment that night!

No comments:

Post a Comment