Our Family

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Pre-Thanksgiving weekend

Friday before Thanksgiving, we headed north to Toledo.  Friday night we visited with my family and the Willingers.  Saturday morning we met Aunt Lori and Uncle Tyler at Bob Evans for breakfast.  Saturday afternoon we had fun at Knox's 3rd birthday party, and Saturday night we all went to bed early, exhausted by the day's events.

Around 2:00 in the morning, things took a turn.  Jackson woke up and was very fussy, and unfortunately I had some terrible stomach cramps.  Brian was trying to take care of Jackson, and then I heard it - Jackson throwing up. 

This concerned me for many reasons:
1)  Brian does not do well with puke
2)  My sisters carpet is less than a year old
3)  Knowing how I felt....I wondered how many other people weren't feeling well

I flew out of bed, grabbed some paper towels, and tried to keep the damage to a minimum.  Brian went to clean up his hands (he had caught the first batch of vomit), and before I knew it the second batch was in my hands.  Thankfully, Jackson's vomitting subsided quickly.

After cleaning up my own hands, I assessed Jackson's state.  He had some throw up on his jammies, so we had to change his clothes.  Some had also gotten on his blanket, so I knew I had to get that away from him and into the washing machine.  Brian started working on the carpet, but nearly added to the mess....so I told him to leave it.  I took Jacksons dirty PJ's and blanket to the washing machine, and assigned Brian the task of redressing Jackson while I attended to the puke.

After starting the washing machine, Brian and I brought the boys up to sleep in my sister's living room - as it has hard wood floors.  Much easier to clean if anyone else got sick.  I found the Resolve, and went downstairs to tackle the carpet.  It cleaned up much better than I thought it was going to.  I found some Febreeze, gave the air a quick spray, and decided to settle back in for some sleep.

Brian and Lincoln were in sleeping bags on the living room floor, and Jackson was curled up on one end of the couch.  I laid at the other end of the couch with my legs by Jackson to keep him from falling off onto the floor.  Surprisingly, we slept pretty well until about 7:30 when the boys awoke, and the rest of the house started to stir.

Plans for Sunday changed.  We were hoping to visit Miss Tracy on Sunday morning to see how she was doing.  She had major surgery the week before on her jaw, and we decided we shouldn't share our flu bug with her.  Instead, we spent a bit more time with my family and the Willingers, then headed back to Cincinnati.  The boys were fine, but neither Brian or I were feeling real great.  It was a long drive back to Cincy, and the rest of the evening was a bust.

Not what we needed before Thanksgiving, but thankful it came and went before the long holiday weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment