Our Family

Friday, November 30, 2012

Hot cocoa

A few weeks ago, Brian had some yard work to get done, and the boys wanted to be outside with him.  It was chilly, so they bundled up in their coats, hats, and gloves, and spent some time outside.  When they came in the house, I made hot cocoa for them.


Neither of them had ever had hot cocoa before.  They were a little unsure about drinking something hot at first, but once they tasted that sweet chocolate, they were hooked.
I sat and watched them enjoy their sweet treat which also helped warm up their little bodies.  I had to laugh as I watched them - how naturally they held their cocoa cups, and chit chatted across the table.  It reminded me so much of my childhood - watching my mom have coffee with her friends, socializing, and catching up.  I hope my boys continue to sit down and enjoy their cocoa together for many years to come!


No comments:

Post a Comment