Our Family

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

ENT check-up

It's been 5 weeks since Jackson got tubes put in his ears.  I've been nervous the past few weeks, as I've seen him pulling on his one ear, and he's been waking up in the night again.  However, I haven't seen any drainage.

This past Saturday, we went to see Dr. Myer for Jackson's post-op check-up. 

Appointments with Jackson always make me anxious - haircuts, doctors - it doesn't matter.  The appointment usually resembles a wrestling match - and I don't always win.

As usual, Jackson talked about going to see Dr. Myer part of the week.  Lincoln was excited because he was going to see Dr. Myer too! 

We arrived at the office, and while I was checking in, the one nurse told me she could take us back to the room right away.  This was a good sign - no waiting.  Once back in the exam room, Jackson got fidgety - crawling on my chair, checking out the pictures on the wall.  Surprisingly, when Dr. Myer walked in, he sat down on my lap to read a book.  I was waiting for the kicking and fighting to begin when Dr. Myer scooted his chair over to us, but instead, Jackson squirmed a little bit, then tipped his head to the side and let the doctor look in his ear.  I was amazed!  Then, just as obligingly, Jackson tipped his head to the other side so the doctor could look at his other ear.  We were done!  It was unbelievable!

I guess the tubes really are helping.

The best part though was when Jackson was done, and we were fawning all over him telling him how good he did, he loudly exclaimed, "Now it's Lincoln's turn!"

No comments:

Post a Comment