Our Family

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Different hair cut experience (from 9-14-12)

A few weeks ago, on a Friday night, the boys had haircuts.  Honestly, I dread haircut days, and that Friday was no different.  I think I was dreading it even more than usual because our appointment wasn't until 7:00, vs. the usual 6:00.

I knew we would be pressed for time, and I was burnt out on cooking for the week, so Friday morning I asked Brian what he thought about going to Cracker Barrel for dinner.  He thought that sounded good. 

On our way to get the boys after work, Brian reminded me that he wanted to stop at Denney Mac's and get fertilizer for the yard.  So, we stopped in there, then headed on to daycare.  The pick-up line was a little backed up, so we had to wait a little longer to get the boys than usual.  Once they were strapped in the car, we had just over an hour till haircuts.  I was concerned that traffic would hold us up trying to get to Cracker Barrel, so we stopped at Bob Evans just around the corner from daycare. 

The boys were great.  We ordered their food first, and asked for it to come out as quickly as possible.  Wanted to give the boys as much time as possible to eat.  When it arrived, they dove right in!  Brian was actually worried that they were going to finish their dinner before ours even arrived.  The boys ate all their corn, chicken, and maccaroni and cheese.  They weren't too impressed with the broccoli, but I was ok with what they did eat.

We finished dinner in plenty of time.  The boys were pretty good in the restaurant, other than when Brian took Lincoln to the bathroom to wash his hands, and Jackson had a mini meltdown.  EVERYONE in the restaurant knew that Jackson needed to wash his hands too!  God Bless the nice man who stopped me and told me we should pass the boys off to Grandma and Grandpa!  He was there with his two grandkids, and they were being angels - they always behave for the grandparents!

After the restaurant meltdown, we were really nervous about how haircuts were going to go. 
Jackson insisted that Lincoln go first (as usual), while he sat on my lap and ate his sucker.  Lincoln cried and whimpered through most of his cut, but sat in the chair very still like he's done the last few visits.  With Lincoln looking all handsome, it was now Jackson's turn.

He fought a little bit when I tried to put him in the chair.  Miss Shawna tickled him a bit, then it was playtime for Jackson.  Before I knew it, he let Miss Shawna put the new cape on him.  (He never puts the cape on, and we all end up covered in hair).  Miss Shawna tickled him a little bit more, and then told him if he was really good and sat really still in the chair, she would get him some M&M's.  Wow - that got his attention.  Jackson sat in the chair under his own power (meaning, I didn't have to HOLD him in the chair) for the whole haircut.  He was laughing, and checking himself out in the mirror the whole time.  He even liked the water bottle making it "rain"! 

He was so good, he even let me take pictures! 

 

I'm still pinching myself, as I can't believe how easy it was!  I hope this is the new trend for haircuts!

No comments:

Post a Comment