Our Family

Friday, August 17, 2012

The power of ...Mickey Mouse?

The boys LOVE Mickey Mouse.  I mean LOVE.
I have two stories to prove it.

Basically, every Mickey Mouse Clubhouse episode has a story, and along the way, you need different things.  There is a character called Toodles that you call for when you need help, and he brings you what you need.  We thought it was really cool when the boys started to get the concept of Toodles when they were watching the show, and when Mickey would call for him, they would too (Oh Toodles!).  Well, Lincoln has taken it to a whole new level.  We've heard him lying in his bed, and say "Oh, my foot is stuck.  Oh Toodles!"  Then, we were at the dinner table one night, and one of us asked him if he needed a spoon.   He of course said, "Yes.  I need a spoon.  Oh Toodles - bring me a spoon!"

Brian and I were both laughing so hard!  If only Toodles were real....things would be so much easier in our house!

So, that's Mickey's impact on Lincoln.  Now, it's time for Jackson.

We've gotten used to the boys asking to watch Mickey Mouse or Yo! Gabba Gabba!  We've taped different episodes, and when Brian and I get tired of hearing the same ones, then we tape new ones.  Well, Jackson has completely fallen in love with an episode that we have taped, and now, that is the only episode of Mickey he wants to watch.  He asks specifically for it - Watch Mickey go fishing Daddy!  The first few times, I thought he just liked it because it has a kitty cat on it, and they go and catch a big red gooey fish.  But last week, he totally blew me away.

It was early in the weekend, so it wasn't like he had seen it three times in a row or anything.  He asked me if he could watch Mickey go fishing.  So, I turned it on, and sat down for a minute or two to watch it with him.  They weren't even through the theme song at the beginning, and Jackson turned to me and said "Star.  Star Lake.  We have to go to Star Lake to get the fish."  And he was right!  I was just amazed at how much he remembers, and associates things! 

So, like it or not, we are a Mickey Mouse house.  Now, let's all do the Hot Dog Dance!

1 comment: