Our Family

Friday, August 17, 2012

Brotherly love....and toothbrushes

There really is a special bond between twins.
A bond stronger than any of the rest of us will ever understand.
I love seeing that bond between my boys, even though I can't completely comprehend it.

Just look at these two. 
I asked them to stand next to each other so I could take their picture.  Stand next to each other, yeah right.  No, we have to put our arms around each other, and squeeze in as tight as possible. 
And we couldn't do it without our Elmo and Abby toothbrushes in our mouths!

Wrapping their arms around each other is something Jackson has always initiated.  I remember them being just a few weeks old, propping them up on pillows in our bed, and trying to take pictures.  Jackson ALWAYS got his arm around Lincoln somehow, which would look so cute.  But usually before I could even snap the picture, he would grab onto Lincoln's ear, and refuse to let go.

Poor Lincoln.

But, despite all that torture he endured, Lincoln is the one who reaches out to hold Jackson's hand.
The love that these two little boys have for one another already is amazing. 
Lincoln adores Jackson, and tries so hard to be just like his brother. 
Jackson watches out for, and protects Lincoln. 
They are best friends.

God has a plan, and I'm learning more and more each day to trust it.  We aren't sure why He tested us in starting our family, but He also blessed us with more than we could have ever imagined. 
And I love that they will always share this special twin bond, and will always have each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment