Our Family

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Mommy's birthday....

Birthday's have new meanings now.  It's not about turning another year older, or being the center of attention, but about celebrating and making it a special occasion for everyone involved.

I turned 38 in July, but believe me, it was all about my boys.

Throught the entire month (and still even), they talked about Mommy's birthday.  They were so excited about it, as birthdays mean one thing - birthday cake!  So we talked about Mommy's birthday, we practiced singing Happy Birthday, and we prepared for the big day.



On Friday, the boys helped Brian make my birthday cake.

 They stirred the dry mix, and helped with pouring in the other ingredients.  They wanted to put animals in the cake, but we managed to avert that disaster.






Mommy took over and baked the cake and frosted it, but the boys enjoyed tasting the icing.






 The boys isnsted that Mommy's cake had to have animals on it.  They had animals on their birthday cake, so they think all birthday cakes should have animals.  So, we dug through their farm toys, washed them off, and the boys decorated my birthday cake.




Two cows, two pigs, two horses, two tractors (that they had to DRIVE onto the cake) and Farmer Lincoln, right there in the middle of the cake.  They were so excited and proud of the cake they made mommy!  And I was so happy to see those little smiles, and that gleem in their eyes, I didn't care WHAT was on my birthday cake.
So, if anyone needs a farm themed birthday cake in the future...you know who to call!

No comments:

Post a Comment