Our Family

Friday, August 3, 2012

Continue to amaze me...

I feel the need to make it very clear how much my boys continue to amaze me.  It can be something that they remember, or crazy things they do.  My love for them grows each day as they develop and truly become "little men".

Brian had a concert a few weeks ago, so I was "single"mom for about 24 hours.  It really couldn't have went any better.  Well, other than the torrential downpour I got stuck in leaving work trying to get to daycare to pick the boys up.  The boys couldn't have been any better.

When we got home from daycare, they wanted to help me make dinner, but then changed their minds, and they wanted to watch Mickey Mouse.  So, I turned on the DVR, and let them have their Mickey (this is unusual, but a special treat with daddy being gone).  I was in the kitchen chopping vegetables, browning meat, boiling water...and then I stopped dead in my tracks when I peeked in the room to check on the boys.  There they were, sitting on the couch right next to each other, fixated on Mickey Mouse.  It was so sweet to see them loving their cartoon, and listening to them interact with the show (What color is my bow now?).  I just wanted to soak it in.  They used to just watch the shows, but now they answer the questions and point things out.  The show was coming to an end (just as dinner was ready - perfect!), and I heard the hotdog dance.  I called to the boys and said "I don't see anyone dancing!" and they both jumped off the couch, and danced to the rest of the song.  Cute to see how each of the boys have their own style!

We did have one hiccup in the night...Jackson took a toy from Lincoln, so he went into time-out.  However, after his punishment, I asked him to apologize to Lincoln.  He went right to his brother, told him he was sorry, and gave him a big hug and a kiss.  My heart melted.

I don't remember much about getting the boys around for daycare in the morning, so they must have been good.  What does stick out in my mind was getting the boys into the van and driving to daycare.

Lincoln started things off with asking where Daddy was.  I reminded him that he went to see Jackson's godfather - Jay.  He blew me away when he said "And Miss Tracy too?"  (Tracy is Jay's wife, but we don't see them very often, so I was shocked he remembered her and associated her with Jay.)

Next, it was Jackson's turn to step into the spotlight.  While I was buckling Lincoln into his car seat, Jackson found my sunglasses.  He put them on, then pushed them up onto the top of his head - guess he's seen me do that a few times!  The next few minutes were spent scrambling to find both the boys sunglasses, and assuring them they were "Cool Dudes" with their sunglasses on their heads.

Pulling out of the driveway, the boys serenaded me - with Twinkle, Twinkle little star. 

The morning was completed with a conversation where I asked the boys what they thought they would do at daycare.  Lincoln's only response - CAKE!  That boy has a one track mind...just like his daddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment