Our Family

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Saving room...

Last night, my almost 3 year old made me tear up.

We took the boys up to bed like usual.  Jackson wanted to go and hide with Daddy, and Lincoln wanted to rock with me.  He snuggled up on my lap, and we rocked.  We've been doing this a lot lately. 

When it came time to put Lincoln in his bed, my sweet sweet baby turned my heart into a gooey mess.  He climbed up into his big boy bed, and scooted all the way over along the rail.  He looked up at me with his big blue eyes, and said, "Mommy, I have room for you.  See?  This is your room (as he patted the mattress beside him).  Will you snuggle with me?"

I wanted nothing more than to crawl right into bed with him...the only thing holding me back was wondering what was the weight limit on the bed!  I explained to him that Mommy wasn't ready for bed yet.  I didn't know what else to do, so I told him a little white lie...I told him when I was ready for bed, I would come in and snuggle up next to him.  This brought a huge smile to his face, and he flashed those blue eyes at me again and said, "OK Mommy.  I am saving room for you...."

At first I thought he just wanted someone to snuggle with, but when Daddy pretended he was crawling in his bed, Lincoln told him no - that was Mommy's room.

Love my big guy....

No comments:

Post a Comment