Our Family

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

My cape

At bedtime, we've gotten into a routine where Jackson wants to "hide" with Daddy (they go into one of the guest rooms and snuggle under the covers) and Lincoln snuggles and rocks with me in the boys room.

A few nights ago, we went upstairs for our normal bedtime routine.  It was getting bitter cold outside, so I grabbed the fleece blanket out of Lincoln's bed.  Lincoln came in the room, climbed up on my lap, and started adjusting the blanket around my neck.  Then he said, "Here, let me adjust your cape."

My first thought was that I had somehow become a superhero to him.  Wow - was I wrong!

Next, he took his little fingers and started brushing them around my ears, and the back of my neck.  When he started doing this, he very matter of factly said, "Ok, now I'm going to cut your hair."  That's when it clicked for me.  When we go see Miss Shauna, they sit in the chair, she adjusts their cape, and then starts cutting their hair with the clippers!  Of course, I went along with Lincoln's pretend play - how could I not!

He finished with the clippers, sprayed me with the water bottle, and scissored the top of my hair - just like Miss Shauna does.  Next, he messed my hair all up, then carefully fixed it back to normal before declaring, "You're all done!" 

The next morning, I got Lincoln up and took him to my bathroom to go tinkle while I finished doing my hair.  Suddenly he exclaimed, "Mommy!  I cut your hair last night!"  With a giggle, I gently reaffirmed our playtime by telling him that yes he did cut my hair, and that I really liked it!

I can't wait for more interactions like this in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment