Our Family

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Mom...there's poop on the floor

As a new mom, you expect to pick your child up occasionally and find a little surprise leaking out of their diaper.  As a mom of 3 year olds, poop usually isn't much of a concern.

We were busy preparing for the boys birthday party and houseguests.  We had party supplies laid out in the dining room, and Brian was organizing.  We don't spend a lot of time in the dining room, so the boys were enjoying just running through the entire house.

Then, I heard the words I didn't expect to hear from my 3 year old son - "Mom.  There's poop on the floor."  Very matter of factly, and without much excitement.  Of course, my reaction was, "WWWWHHHHHAAAATTTT?"

I turned around, and there it was.  I little turd laying on the kitchen floor.  Maybe about as big as a quarter.

I quickly surmised (did the sniff test) who the culprit was, and grabbed Jackson for a pull-up change.  Brian tackled the turd, and sanitized the floor.  Evidently, Jackson's pull-up had gapped a little bit, and the little turd rolled down his pant leg and onto the floor.  Brian even found a second one (much smaller) in the hallway! 

I guess as long as you have kids, you always have to expect poop!

No comments:

Post a Comment