Our Family

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Old MacDonald reigns...

I know that I've mentioned Old MacDonald a few times in previous posts. 
I think it was when we took the boys to the pumpkin patch that we first deciphered E-I-E-I-E-I-E-I was what was coming out of Lincoln's mouth.  We were overjoyed when he finally put the O on the end.

From there, we transitioned into Brian or I signing most of the song, and the boys just making the animal noises.

Then, they wanted to start picking the animals, and doing the noises (just for the record, COWS was always the first animal they chose).

Probably a month ago, we started hearing Jackson sing "Ol' McNonald had a firm, E-I-E-I-O".  Over, and over, and over again.

Now, they can pretty much sing the whole song (although they need help getting back on track from time to time).

Well, on Monday this week, we saw Miss Sally (the cook) at the boys daycare when we dropped the boys off.  He made a comment about how big the boys were getting, and just how darn cute they are when they start singing E-I-E-I-O!  We didn't think much about it at the time, cause the boys sing a lot of songs.  But, then this week Miss Cathy made a comment to me about how the boys start the signing almost everyday at lunchtime...and then the whole class sings with them.  And even yesterday, Miss Vicky (who had the boys 2 rooms ago) also mentioned how cute it is when the boys start singing E-I-E-I-O.  And they sing it everyday!

I'm not sure if the boys just love animals, or if it's the combination of the song and letters that fascinates them.  I'm taking this as a postivie - they are natural leaders, and aren't embarrassed to sing in public!  Course, we already knew they were fine with singing in public...after all, we've heard E-I-E-I-O in church even a few times!

No comments:

Post a Comment