Our Family

Sunday, March 4, 2012

No one is talking...

Today was a rough day in our house.

I'm still fighting through the lingering symptoms of the flu.  After feeling great yesterday, I woke up this morning with serious stomach cramps.  Brian took care of the boys this morning so I could rest.  I managed to make some lunch for all of us, but when the boys went down for their nap, it was nap time for me too.

We put the boys down for their nap, and made it clear they should stay in their beds until we got them out.  Jackson has figured out how to get out of his bed, so we have to remind him to stay put!

Brian was working on some filing upstairs, so when the monitor battery went dead, I didn't worry about it, as I knew he would hear the boys.  Plus, I was pretty sure that Lincoln was already sleeping, and Jackson was just laying in bed singing.

So, imagine my surprise when Brian woke me up with a concerned look on his face.  He calmly told me that the boys had locked themselves in their room. 

Luckily, it had only been an hour since we put them down for their nap, so we knew we had some time to figure out how to get the door opened.  Brian tried to pick the lock with a bobby pin, but it wasn't working.  We searched to see if we had a key for the door, but didn't find any.  Thankfully, Brian was able to take the doorknob off, and the door opened.

But this is where the mystery begins.

We were expecting to see Jackson sleeping on the floor in the room, but he was still in his bed.  Both the boys were in their beds.  But the light was also on in their room.

As best as we can figure, one of the boys got out of their bed, turned on the light, and tried to open the door - which is how it got locked.  When they couldn't get out of the room (we have the door handle safety things on), they must have somehow climbed back into their bed and went to sleep.

We thought the boys might talk...but they aren't saying anything!  Jackson gives us a little bit of a smirk when we ask him if he got out of his bed, but that's all we are getting! 

I think the next few years are going to be quite challenging for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment