Our Family

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Another counting story...

We are getting our new front door put in today, so Brian is working from home.  Which means....I got some precious time alone in the van with the boys!

I love having small bits of time in the car with the boys alone.  We turn the radio/CD off, and talk or sing.  This morning, the boys were a bit concerned about where Daddy was (expecially after he was gone so much last week).  So, part of the drive was spent talking about "Daddy's seat" and "Where's Daddy".  Then, the "Bye Daddy" and "I love you Daddy" talk began.  Just melted my heart.

About half way to daycare though, we started talking about school buses, and I said we should count how many we see.  Jackson began counting....one...two...three...four...five...six...seven...eight...nine...ten...eleven...eight...nine...ten...

At first, I thought he just forgot where he was with his counting, but then he did it again...after eleven, he went back to eight.  I was a little stumped, but then it hit me.  Eleven sounds a lot like SEVEN!  So, he naturally goes back to eight after eleven.

Most days, I think Jackson is WAY TOO SMART!

Lincoln is very bright too...don't get me wrong.  Lincoln talks and articulates things better than Jackson.  But Jackson has that logic kind of smarts....very scary for a 2 year old!

Hope this little story brings a smile to your day.

Love to all!
The Harts 

No comments:

Post a Comment