Our Family

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Boys will be boys...

I've heard this saying more times than I can probably count.  But last night at dinner, I really understood the meaning behind it.

Most of the time, Brian and I do a good job of sharing parenting duties.  And since I am the sole woman living in my household, I expect that the boys are going to look up to their daddy.  Brian is a great role model.  He's kind, caring, sweet, thoughtful - an overall good guy. 

But...boys will be boys...(and you all thought I was talking about my kids, didn't you?)

Well, they both played a part in this one.

It seems that Lincoln was a bit gassy last night - at the dinner table.  Being the lady of the house, I try to teach the boys manners, so when Lincoln tooted at the table, I tried to explain to him that he should say "excuse me".  It was working until Lincoln let out a pretty loud and long serious of toots - and Daddy couldn't control himself. 

Here I was, being the stoic parent, urging Lincoln to say excuse me, and Brian is across the table busting up laughing.  His face was even red.  My facial expressions pleaded with him to stop and to help back me up....but he just couldn't help it. 

Lord - grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change...cause I'm going to need it with these boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment