Our Family

Monday, March 14, 2011

Sometimes, you just have to laugh...

Today was a good day. 

Lincoln is feeling much better after starting a second antibiotic on Thursday.  No fever since Friday, and he is getting as ornery as ever.  Back to flirting, smiling, laughing, playing, and just being a fun little boy.
So, both boys went to daycare today, and both Mommy and Daddy went into the office.

I spent my lunch hour naming photos, and I've been uploading them this evening to share with everyone.  Check the margin and your email!

I planned ahead yesterday, and had dinner all ready for tonight - just had to pop it in the oven and heat it up.  The boys snacked, and I unloaded the dishwasher while dinner was heating.  Ahhhh.....such a good day.  Amazing how well things go when you plan ahead.

Jackson didn't care much for dinner, but Lincoln loves Curry Chicken.  I'll have to add that to the list with Chicken Pot Pie, as Lincoln ate a LOT of that this weekend.

We were enjoying a pleasant evening.  I was cleaning up dinner, and Brian and the boys were licking the pudding bowl clean.  Tonight, we resembled the Cleever's!

Once the bowl was empty, the boys were a little fussy, so it was time for baths.  This is where the fun began!

I was letting the boys crawl up the stairs (we think this helps wear them out for bedtime), and I was following behind them.  I knew someone had some messy pants, but planned to figure out who it was when we got upstairs.  Well, about 4 steps up (out of 13), I saw something fall onto the step.  I reached to grab it....and oh what a surprise - it was a TURD!

It came out of Lincoln's pant leg.  I quickly grabbed him, and up the steps we went!  It was the BIGGEST mess I've ever seen.  It was all down his leg, in both of his pant legs, on his onesie....it was everywhere (even got some in his hair trying to take his onesie off).  I tried cleaning him up with wet wipes, but about 4 wipes in, decided this called for more desperate measures.  So, in the tub he went.  We drew some water, and washed him off, then got him out, disinfected the tub, then put him back in.

He was actually very patient, although confused since he was in the bath, out, then back in.  Poor Jackson felt left out as he wasn't getting quite as much of Mommy and Daddy's attention as he would have liked.  I just hope he doesn't get any ideas and try a repeat performance tomorrow!

After baths, I checked the steps and made sure we had everything cleaned up.  We rinsed out his clothes in the laudry room sink, then everything went right into the washing machine.  The bath mats are in now, and once those go in the dryer, I'm going to bed.

Tonights events would have put some people over the edge.  However, with everything we've been dealing with the past few weeks, I've learned to just laugh and enjoy the experience. 

And of course, share it with all of our family and friends.

We hope we could bring a smile, and maybe even a little chuckle to your day!  I'm sure some of you are saying "I sure don't miss those days", and others can relate.  This is our life...and I wouldn't trade it for the world!

Hope everyone has a great week!

Love,
Kate, Brian, Lincoln, and Jackson

No comments:

Post a Comment