Our Family

Friday, December 21, 2012

No cookies for Santa!

Earlier, I shared with everyone how our day on 12-12-12 started.  Now, here is the rest of the story.

Uncle Aaron made Christmas cookies and shared some with us a few days earlier.  We were eating the last of Uncle's cookies on 12-12-12, and the boys were a little sad.  Jackson looked at me (seriously) and told me that Uncle would have to make some more cookies for them!

After I finished laughing, I reminded the boys that we had made cookies with Mawmaw at Thanksgiving, and we had some in the freezer.  They immediately wanted to get them out and eat them!  I told them we had to wait just a little bit longer...as we needed to save some for Santa. 

Both the boys were thoroughly confused.  Save them for Santa?  WHAT???


I explained that on Christmas eve, we set out cookies for Santa, and carrots for the reindeer.  Jackson quickly scowled at me, and said, "No cookies for Santa.  I am NOT sharing my cookies with Santa."  I tried to explain to him that we have to be good boys and share, or Santa won't bring us any presents.  Jackson thought about this for a bit, but still insisted, "I am NOT sharing my cookies with Santa.  He can have carrots too."

I guess cookies are better than presents to my little guys....but I'm afraid Santa is going to be very disappointed!




No comments:

Post a Comment