Our Family

Friday, December 14, 2012

#2

12-12-12 was a very big day in the Hart household.

When the alarm went off, I didn’t want to get out of bed.  It was 22 degrees outside - who wants to get out bed for that?  However, off to work I had to go, so I finally got up and took a shower.

As I shut the shower off, I heard Jackson crying. Both the boys were up.  This has been happening a lot lately.  Not what I needed on a morning where I was running late anyway, but down the hall I went.  I got Jackson out of bed, and put him down to get Lincoln out of his bed.  I turned around and Jackson had crawled back into his bed. Evidently, like me, he didn’t want to get up.

Lincoln told me he had to go potty, so we went to my bathroom, and we started our normal morning potty routine. He was content just sitting there, so I began getting around for work, and chatted with him while he went potty.  I put my contacts in and started putting on my makeup when I heard it – “splash”.

It took a second to sink in, but I realized something BIG had just happened.

Lincoln went POO-POO in the potty!

First, I asked him if he went poo-poo, and he happily confirmed.  I couldn't contain my excitement - I immediately started praising him, and making a big deal out of it.  I yelled down the hallway to Brian and told him.  Daddy came to join in on the praise.  Jackson (who was still laying in his bed) heard all the comotion, and came to see what all the fuss was about.  The boys now think I am a total lunatic because I got SO EXCITED about this!

As his reward, Lincoln got to pick what the boys had for breakfast, and he even got candy for breakfast (which they will both tell you “we don’t eat candy for breakfast”)!

Not to be outdone, in the middle of breakfast Jackson told us he had to go potty. We want them to tell us when they went, so Brian took him to the bathroom.  To our surprise, he went potty, even though he had went potty after Lincoln earlier. So, he got candy too for telling us he had to go!

I shared this big news with daycare, and I am hoping and praying that they will continue to encourage him!

We may just make it through potty training before they turn 3!  Wish us luck!



No comments:

Post a Comment