Our Family

Friday, June 10, 2011

No more sadness!

Just a quick update...

Yesterday, when I went to pick the boys up from daycare yesterday, they both came running.  I was so relieved.  All my worries went away. They reassured me that they love me, and they don't enjoy being at daycare more than spending time with me.  The boys are just settling into the routine.  They know most mornings we go to daycare, and they play with their friends all day.  Then Mommy and Daddy come and pick them up and they get to go home to eat, play, and sleep!

Brian's mom is having some additional tests done today, so it was just me and the boys for the daycare run again.  Jackson wouldn't let me carry him in, so BOTH of the boys walked from the van into daycare.  They were great - they both held my hand the whole way.  I was a little smarter today and kissed the tops of their heads goodbye before I opened the door to their room.  Both of the boys walked right in - no tears, no hesitation.  Even Miss Autumn commented on what big boys they are!

I think we need to start letting them walk into daycare on their own - holding our hands of course.  It will take a little bit longer to drop them off, but is well worth those extra minutes to know that they are happy there.  Just another sign of how independent they are becoming!

No comments:

Post a Comment