Our Family

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Mellowing out...

A few weeks ago, I shared some of the "big" words that Lincoln has been saying, and noted that Jackson isn't quite as vocal.  Well, that has definitely changed.  We still don't understand most of what he is saying, but he talks and talks and talks!

This morning, he woke up right on schedule at 6:00.  I scooped him out of his crib and took him to our room for a diaper change.  When I was finished, he crawled onto our bed, and played with the extra clean diapers.  He seemed to be trying to tell me something about the diapers.  He would lift one up, put it down, get another one - all the time jabbering non-stop.  It was totally cute.

Along with talking more, we've also noticed some changes in Jackson's disposition.  He is quieter now.  I know, you are thinking how can he be talking more, yet quieter, right?  By quieter, I mean he's learned to use his inside voice.  :-)  Before, it was almost like he was always yelling at us. 

In addition to finding his inside voice, he has also become more loving.  He enjoys giving Lincoln hugs (although sometimes it is more like a wrestling take down move).  Jackson smiles a lot more, and gives Brian and I both hugs and kisses a lot.  Don't get me wrong - he can still get fired up, but he is definitely showing is loving side more.

No comments:

Post a Comment