Our Family

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Growing up...

As a parent, I am so proud when the boys accomplish their milestones - their first tooth, first steps, first words.  I can't wait to tell everyone about "the newest thing" they are doing.  But every now and then, I get a little sad too.

Today was one of those happy, yet sad days.

Brian's mom has an appointment today with her surgeon, so I took the boys to daycare by myself.  I carried Jackson (as he doesn't always like to go in the direction we need to), diapers, Lincoln's medicine, and then held Lincoln's hand as we walked in.  Jackson was getting heavy (especially since I'm not supposed to be lifting or carrying the boys), so I was eager to hand him over to Miss Autumn.  Then, just as I was handing Jackson over, Lincoln let go of my hand and took off into the room.  He didn't even look back to wave goodbye.

Part of me knows that this is a good thing, as we've struggled for the past few weeks with the boys crying when we drop them off at daycare.  I'm glad to see that he likes being there.  However, I am also a little sad.  My "babies" aren't babies any more.  They are growing up and becoming little boys, getting more and more independent each day. 

If only we could bottle these moments in time to reflect on in the future....


Hope everyone is having a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment