Our Family

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Oh what a night...

Sleeping the past few months has been a bit rough.  If Lincoln sleeps through the night, Jackson doesn't.  Since the boys share a room, we have to be careful when one of them wakes up that they don't wake the other one.  So, for the past few weeks, one of the boys usually ends up sleeping in the pack and play in our room for part of the night.

Last night was different - right from the beginning.

As usual, the boys started getting restless around 8:00 when they normally go to bed.  We bundled them in their sleep sacks, and gave them their milk.  This usually puts them to sleep, and then we can lay them in their beds.  However, last night, they drank their 4 ounces, and were still wide awake.  So, we gave them 2 more ounces, and again, when they finished, they were wide awake.

I was feeding Jackson, but after the additional 2 ounces, I could tell he didn't want more milk.  He was fidgety...didn't want down, yet didn't want me to hold him either.  So, I decided I would just take him upstairs and put him to bed.  Figured he might cry for a bit, but would eventually go to sleep.  To my surprise, when I laid him in bed, he rolled over and went right to sleep!  Not a peep! 

Brian was shocked when I returned downstairs.  We've read that night time can be that easy, but had never experienced it.    We figured we would pay for it later. 

Brian was still struggling with a fussy Lincoln, so I took over.  Within just a few minutes, Lincoln was fast asleep in my arms.  As an added bonus, he actually stayed asleep when I put him in his crib!

I enjoyed the rest of the evening, cleaning the kitchen and doing laundry, and finally retired to bed around 10:30.  Imagine my surprise when I awoke and it was 4:47!  The boys had actually slept through the night (and so did I)!  They continued sleeping until just after 6:00 when we had to wake them so we could start our day.

I really hope that this means we are turning a corner, and that bedtime will involve a lot less drama.  Please pray that tonight goes as smoothly!

No comments:

Post a Comment