Our Family

Thursday, February 10, 2011

How could I forget?

I guess I have a lot on my mind these days.  In updating everyone on the development of the boys, I somehow forgot to share the cutest thing that the boys have learned in the past week - they learned to "blow kisses".  :-)

It all started a few days after their birthday, when they weren't feeling well.  The three of us were playing, and I was going back and forth kissing each of them on the top of their head.  I noticed Lincoln making a sound, and soon realized he was mimicing me.  When I was kissing them on the top of their head I was also making a "Mmmmmuuuuh" sound (think of when you exaggerate kissing someone and you'll know what I mean).  It was so cute!  My mind instantly went to blowing kisses, and the teaching began. 

At first, Lincoln just continued making the noise, without putting his hand to his mouth.  However, Jackson started putting his hand to his mouth, and "blowing kisses" (without the sound).  Guess that's why we have twins!

However, since that first night, Jackson has learned to make the sound, and he blows kisses frequently (in the car, in his highchair - it really doesn't matter).  Lincoln is still working on putting the two together - but he laughs and giggles whenever any of us do it.

I'll work on capturing some video to share with you all soon!

Love,
Kate, Brian, Lincoln and Jackson

No comments:

Post a Comment