Our Family

Sunday, September 29, 2013

My due date

Today was my due date. 
Back in January, I thought this day would never come.  Now it is here, and we are still awaiting the arrival of our little one.  Still feeling very blessed to be a mom again....but getting very tired too.  The past few weeks have been busy with cleaning, organizing, and preparing for a new life to join our family.  Sitting here writing my "to-do" list for the next few days, and prioritizing between what NEEDS to be done and what would be nice if it was done.  Energy will dictate how many of those "nice to haves" get done.
Looking forward to having visitors in the house.  Lyn and Nash will be arriving on Wednesday to help Brian with the boys while I am away at the hospital.  RJ, Lylah and Knox will join them on Friday, as well as my parents.  It will be a full house for the weekend, and I'm hoping that the baby and I can be home to spend time with everyone on Friday night as well.
From the looks of things, we won't go hungry.  Rod came to visit today, despite no baby.  Mom sent food with him for us - a few casseroles, chili, a pork roast, and chicken pot pie.  I have white chicken chili, broccoli cheese soup, meatloaf, enchiladas, and chicken tetrazzini in the freezer as well.  I know Lyn has been cooking for us as well - definitely won't need to cook for a little bit!
Can't believe how fast this year has went, but know that the next few months will go equally as fast.  Hoping we can enjoy and soak in more moments this time around since we'll only have one tiny, depending human being - but we also have 2 almost 4 year olds who still need our love and attention.
Starting to count the days down - 3 at most till we meet our new little boy or girl! 

No comments:

Post a Comment