Our Family

Thursday, September 26, 2013

Flashback: Shrimp

I promised I'd share more stories.  :-)

Yesterday morning around 3:40, I heard Lincoln fussing.  Usually I let him go until he calls out for me, but he's been fighting allergies and has been all stuffed up, so I went to check on him.  I quickly figured out what was bothering him - Jackson was in his twin bed with him!  Of course, they weren't laying end to end like you should - they were flipped sideways.  Evidently, Jackson was laying too close to Lincoln or laying on his blanket or something and Lincoln was not liking his space invaded. 

Before I scooped Jackson up and took him back to his own bed, I just stood over them.  I instantly went back to when they were babies.  They always slept in the exact same position - heads tilted at the same angle, all curled up.  It's still the same - they were both laying on their right side, legs tucked up, chin tucked under.  Then I went back even further - to one of our first ultrasound pictures - because how they were laying, the shape of their bodies reminded me of a shrimp.  And that's what they looked like in their first ultrasound! 

It was totally precious - but no, I didn't take a picture.  It was 3:40 in the morning!  So, I simply put Jackson back in his bed, snuggled both of them up in a blanket, and went back to bed, anxious to see if this next baby follows in its brothers tendencies, or if it blazes its own trail.  Only time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment