Our Family

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Wednesday Tidbits...

So, in my last post, I made it sound like Lincoln is ALWAY the first to do everything.  I should have said that Lincoln is USUALLY the first to do things.  Which would only be right, as he was born first!
Here are a few things to share with you regarding our week!
  • Last weekend, we began trying to work on getting the boys to drink out of a sippy cup. Surprisingly, Lincoln wanted nothing to do with the cup.  Jackson however had it figured out by Sunday.  So, now we send a sippy cup to daycare with diluted apple juice for Jackson to have during snacks, or whenever he's impatient and won't eat his food.
  • It is becoming more and more commonplace for me to "share" my dinner with the boys.  Mostly they've been eating vegetables and breads, which they can easily chew up and eat.  Well, last night I made Chicken Cordon Bleu (don't worry - I used mozzerella) for dinner.  Jackson was standing beside the couch as I ate my dinner (I'll explain eating dinner on the couch shortly), so I decided I would give him a small bite of chicken.  He LOVED it.  He just stood there for about 10 minutes eating chicken!  I even gave him some with the breading and spicy mustard - didn't matter, he still wanted more.  Guess I'll need to start cooking for "3" or else I won't get anything to eat if I share my food with both boys!
  • Why was I eating dinner on the couch?  Well, it all started about 5 years ago....literally.  The first Christmas after we moved into the house, we had a water leak in our upstairs master bathroom, and it flooded our breakfast nook.  We had to tear most of the drywall out of the breakfast nook, and also had to replace the floor in the bathroom.  We decided to put a tile floor in instead of lamanate.  Well, by doing that, it raised the height of the toilet, and when the contractor reset the toilet, they didn't account for that.  So, unfortunately, the toilet didn't seal correctly, and has been slowly leaking for about 4 1/2 years.  The contractor is working on "making it right" this week, so we had to move our table out of the breakfast nook - which means dinner on the couch.  Yesterday they tore out a small piece of drywall (not much was affected by the leak thankfully), checked all the support beams, treated the inside portion of the walls, and patched up the drywall. They were back out today to sand the drywall and put a second coat on.  They are hoping that they can finish up the drywall, paint the affected area, and reset the toilet tomorrow.  So, hopefully we'll be back to eating at the table by the weekend!
  • Please say some prayers for all of us this week - we need it.  Lincoln's entire top gum is swelled - he has his 2 bottom teeth in already, but about 4 more are coming in on the top.  Poor things just hasn't been himself this week!  Jackson is still working on his bottom 2 teeth, and we are really hoping this week is the week, as he has been extremely fussy!
Well, that's all for now.  Hope everyone has a great rest of the week!
Love,
Kate, Brian, Lincoln and Jackson

No comments:

Post a Comment