Our Family

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Daddy's broken heart

One night a few weeks ago, I was making dinner, and I heard Brian wince in pain.  I turned around and saw him rubbing his chest.  My first thought when this happens is always that he's having a heart attack.  He quickly assured me that he had pulled a muscle reaching down for one of the boys, but I urged him to sit and rest.  I must have made a comment about making sure he wasn't having a heart attack, and Lincoln picked up on it.

I made Brian take it easy the rest of the night, explaining to the boys that Daddy was ok, but we just wanted to give him a rest.  The next day, Brian took the boys to daycare, but I picked them up.  They were confused when I arrived, and asked where Daddy was.  Jackson first asked, "Is Daddy sick Mommy?"  I assured him that Daddy was fine.  But Lincoln prodded...."Did Daddy break his heart again Mommy?"

It was so sweet and innocent...the life of a 3 year old. 

No comments:

Post a Comment