Our Family

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Update on mom...

When I called my parents the morning of October 7 to let them know that Brian's mom had passed away, my dad was obviously upset when he answered the phone. At first, I thought he was just upset as he knew why I was calling so early in the morning.  Then, I quickly figured out that mom wasn't feeling well, and dad was VERY worried about her.
"St. Dar" had already been out to check mom out,and she thought maybe mom just had the flu.  This helped to calm dad down, but we all were still a bit worried.  I spoke to mom a few times throughout the day on Friday, and knew she still wasn't feeling well, but she seemed better than she was that morning.  I was a little surprised when I called dad at 9:30 that night to see how she was doing, only to find they were in the emergency room.
They admitted mom, and they determined she had a bowel blockage.  We were hoping that it would clear itself, but it didn't, so they did surgery on Monday afternoon.  They found that mom had several adhesions that were wrapped around her bowels, which was causing her issues.  They freed everything up, but she was in the hospital for nearly 2 weeks.
Mom has spent the last few weeks at home recovering.  She is still very tired, and trying to get her digestive system back in normal working order.
She returned to work on Monday of this week, but only part time.  I spoke with her Monday night and she was exhausted. 
Please continue praying for her!

No comments:

Post a Comment