Our Family

Sunday, September 19, 2010

I'm the luckiest mommy in the world...

This weekend was a great weekend.  Friday night, we ran a few errands (Target and Sam's club) then came home, had a frozen pizza for dinner, and just relaxed a bit.
Saturday, we got up and cleaned the whole house - it looks so nice!  The boys were great and played or napped most of the morning, which gave us 3 hours of uninterrupted time (well, mostly uninterrupted) to get the place spiffed up.  We had some lunch, then Brian watched the boys for a few hours so that I could go get my hair cut and colored.  When I got home, we went to the grocery store - the whole family!  We can't remember the last time we ALL went to the grocery store.  I appreciated having some assistance with the shopping.
Lincoln's second tooth popped in (his bottom left, right next to the first one that came in) on Saturday.  We are patiently awaiting Jackson's first tooth to arrive, as he has been very fussy in the evenings.  We just want our happy Jackson all the time!
Saturday night, our friends Nick and Jenny were in the neighborhood, and stopped by to see the boys and visit.  It was so nice to share our little guys with them, and to catch up with what is going on. 
Last night was a bit rough - both of the boys were up off and on throughout the night, so Brian got up with the boys this morning, and let me sleep in.  Once I decided to get out of bed and start the day, we rushed around and went to church.  After church, we ate a bit of lunch, then Brian headed off to Fort Recovery to see how his mom is doing now that she is home.  So, it was just me and the boys all afternoon.  It was so nice to spend time with them.  They each napped a bit which allowed me to go through their clothes and pack up some of their smaller things.  Hard to believe how much they have grown over the past 8 months.
However, the highlight of the weekend was later this afternoon when we were all sitting on the floor, and both of the boys crawled up in my lap.  They were both very happy, laughing, and trying to climb all over me.  That was when I realized I am the luckiest mommy in the world, because I have two of the best little guys ever.  They continue to amaze me each day with the different things they learn, the smiles they flash at just the right time, and the hugs and laughs that they share with us.   This is what we fought so hard for, and this is what really matters in life.  It just doesn't get any better than having two happy babies sitting on your lap, just sharing their love with you.
Hope everyone has a great week.  Please pray for my mom that when they remove her catheter AGAIN tomorrow, that her bladder has healed enough and functions properly so that she doesn't have to have it reinserted.
Love,
Kate, Brian, Lincoln and Jackson

No comments:

Post a Comment