Our Family

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Week 19 and ultrasound update

Hi everyone -
Mommy had her 19 week ultrasound today. Daddy came along so he could see how well we were doing.
I ("Right") felt like being ornery, so I kept moving around just to make things difficult for our ultrasound lady! They have a checklist of things they need to look at to ensure that I'm growing. I tried my best not to cooperate, but eventually, they saw everything they needed. Mommy and daddy do not want to know if I'm a boy or a girl, so the ultrasound lady made them look away when it came time to check out my legs. Daddy kept trying to peak though!
They say that I look like a perfectly normally little baby...other than being a feisty one! I weigh approximately 10 oz. currently, and my brain, heart, spine, kidneys, and bones all look good.
After they finished looking at me, they decided they may as well look at my sibling while they were there. "Left" as daddy calls my sibling was much better behaved. The ultrasound lady joked that all she had to do was think about what she wanted to look at next, and Left would just roll right over and made it easy for her to find what she needed. That Left, just trying to be the "good child" already.
Like me, the ultrasound lady said that everything looks perfectly normal with Left. 10 oz. for that baby too. This really helped put daddy's fears to rest, as he was really worried that I was taking all the food, and poor Left wasn't getting much. But since we are both the same size right now, that's really good!
Although mommy and daddy didn't find out if either of us are a boy or a girl, Daddy has made his predictions to mommy...but she's not sharing! Guess we'll have to wait and see!
The doctor then checked mommy's weight, blood pressure, and asked her how she is feeling. Everything is looking good. Mommy has had a few dizzy spells in the past week, but the doctor said that is normal. Seems to be when she's on her feet for longer than she's used to...so guess daddy needs to let her rest some more.
Our next appt. is in four weeks. We'll share more updates on what is going on in mommy and
daddy's lives before then. The shower for mommy's family is in just over 3 weeks!
Mommy will post the pictures of us later tonight or tomorrow...so please check back soon.

Love to you all,
"Right"

2 comments:

  1. I love it! Very clever. Great update! I'm glad both babies are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also glad you are doing well! Stay off your feet so you don't have dizzy spells any more!!

    ReplyDelete